21 September, 2012

     I have been focusing on taking the good with the bad...or the bad with the good, I think it matters how its said. Recently my little treasure poo'd in the tub, and at the time I thought that was bad. Uggh, I had to clean the tub AGAIN, and getting wet poo out and into the toilet isn't fun. After a while I was looking at the whole situation from a different perspective. Rather than dwelling on the extra work of cleaning out the tub, I realized that my babe saved a diaper and me a diaper change, or better, didn't poo in the towel right after the bath.
     There are some things about our new home that I don't like and that make me miss our old apartment. There are also many things about this apartment that I like better. In the end I think I would take this apartment with its drawbacks over the old apartment with its luxuries.
     The good with the bad is my new focus, and yes in that order. I think taking the good with the bad sounds more positive and I need a more positive out look. It is the beginning of fall, and that is my favorite time of year. I like winter too, and love the holidays, but fall is my favorite season. I love the smell and sound of the leaves, the cool air, apple cider and bonfires. But, with all these good things about fall, I am also stuck dealing with flies in my apartment driving me nuts. Like seriously, right now one keeps buzzing around me. I thought the little buggers only lived for a day...if that is true, I would be very interested to learn how they keep getting in.
     Anyway, School is back in session and I am getting back into that routine, the temperatures are getting lower and the breezes are getting chilly. I am spending time with my babe and loving every second of it. There are still things that I wish were different about our lives but the changes will come. For now I am going to focus on finding the good in all situations and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment