01 March, 2014

      I really like this new trend of decorating with phrases, I have different forms of them all over our home. I have one in our kitchen/dinning area, one for in my babe's room and five in our living room. I am not done, by any means...we just need a bigger home. I would love for us to have a house that is all ours so I could feel more comfortable putting up the vinyl letters rather than having them still between the papers that are masking taped to the wall.
     So I went on a nice shopping day last weekend and I bought one of those black wall hangings with the white lettering. It is not the first one I have bought for myself but this one was more as a reminder to have around the house. It reads "BEHIND EVERY GOOD KID IS A GREAT MOM".
     To me, it sounds a bit wrong, almost like bragging, but for me it is just something to help me remember that I have a wonderful kiddo and so I must be doing more things "right" than "wrong". I would like it better if it read "BEHIND EVERY GREAT KID IS A GOOD MOM" but it serves its purpose for now.
    I joke about loosing my "mother of the year" title or chances many times throughout the year but I do actually have moments where I fear that I am lacking in my mothering skills, making mistakes or potentially messing my kid up, it is nice to have something that could catch my eye and remind me that I must be doing a pretty good job after all.
     I have a fantastic little and since I have been doing this whole parenting thing solo, it is a credit to me. I have taken charge of teaching, training and molding my mini to be this great and wonderful person. I have earned each moment of pride and each embarrassing instant as well.
     I am not trying to brag about my my munchkin being amazing and spectacular, because I know we all have awesome littles that we are proud of, and part of being a parent is the worry and fear, but a reminder that we are doing a grand job is nice...and probably needed some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment